I really get tired of all these pop-ups and notifications; the little pesky balloon tips that jump onto my computer screen like flies on my picnic food. I’ve tried swatting them and telling them they are not welcome, I’ve even turned some of them off in the control panel, but they just keep coming back. Well, now I have found the ultimate fly trap and I am going to share it with you!
If you want to do it the hard way, then read on, but if you want the quick and easy fix then just click on this link to Microsoft’s quick fix, and then approve the program install and follow those instructions. Done! Wasn’t that easy?
Okay, all you hard core geek-wanna-bees, here is the hard way.
- This involves editing the registry so, creating a restore point would be a good idea. How to create a restore point is covered elsewhere.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press Enter.
- Navigate to the subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
- Right-click the right side pane, create a new DWORD value, and then name it EnableBalloonTips. Leave the default value of 0.
- Close the editor and restart.
Now, wouldn’t it have been simpler just to click the link to the quick and easy version. Then you could be reading something useful right now!