If you are using a Windows computer chances are you have a free basic word processor called WordPad. With WordPad you can create documents and save them on your computer. Click on the continue reading to discover how to create a new document using WordPad:
If you are unfamiliar with WordPad, click on the link below for an overview of the Home tab:
For this exercise we will create a new document and call it Sausage Appetizer:
- Open WordPad by clicking on Start and typing Word in the Search box and clicking on WordPad
- Type the following recipe:
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 lb sausage
1 8oz cream cheese
Brown sausage and drain grease.
Add cream cheese and heat till cheese has melted.Remove from heat.
Roll out one can of crescent rolls in a 9 x 13 pan.
Pour sausage/cheese mixture over and cover with second can of crescent rolls.
Pinch sides together to hold sausage/cheese mixture inside.
Bake 350 for 20 minutes
- The next step is to save your document. Save the document by clicking the Save Icon located at the top left of the screen (see red arrow).
- If you don’t see the Save Icon, just left click on the drop down arrow (next to blue arrow) and click on Save, this will place the Icon on the Quick Access Toolbar:
- This will bring up the Save As window, just type Sausage Appetizer in the Filename box and click Save:
- If you are finished with the document, just click the red X located on the top right of the screen.
- If you wish to format or make changes to the document be sure to click on the Save Icon again and it will automatically save it to the name Sausage Appetizer, you won’t have to type the name in again.
- After you exit WordPad, to locate your document, just click Start, Documents and double click on Sausage Appetizer.
NOTE: For other recipes, go to http://mynewcookbook.com/