Would you like to organize your documents in your computer? Or would you like to organize your pictures in your computer? Why not create folders in Windows 7? You can create folders in Windows 7 by just one click:
In this exercise we will create a new folder and call it Legal Documents:
- Move the mouse pointer to the Start button located in the bottom left of the screen, click on Start, this will open the Start Menu
- From the Start Menu on the right side find Documents and click one time on Documents.
- Move your mouse to the top of the screen and click one time on New Folder
- A new folder will appear with the words “New Folder” indicating where you will type the name Legal Documents.
- Don’t click your mouse; just start typing Legal Documents, then press the Enter key.
- Now you should have a brand new folder called Legal Documents.
NOTE: If you accidently click the mouse before you typed the name, the folder will be called New Folder and you will need to rename the folder. Or if you misspelled the word or if you changed your mind and want to call the folder something else you will need to rename the folder.
Click on the link below for instructions to rename a folder: