When you turn on your computer you may have some startup programs that always open or start. For instance if you have Skype on your computer when you turn your computer on Skype may automatically open and reside on your taskbar. There may be other programs running that you might want to stop. With Windows 7 it’s easy to stop programs or prevent startup programs.
Here are the steps below to stop startup programs:
- Press the Windows Key and the R key on your keyboard (to see a picture of the Windows key just click on the link below then to get back to this article just click the back arrow at the top left of the computer screen)
- The Run window will appear.
- Type msconf in the Open box
- Press enter
- System Configuration window will appear, click the Startup tab
- Uncheck the program you wish to disable on startup
- Click OK